18 Mar 2018

Feeling much more Slovakian than ever

Hi there.

I owe you an explanation at the very beginning since the title might have made you think what the hell am I going to say. I would like to share with you how I feel about my country, about being a Slovakian citizen and so on.

Let me say this. I am very, truly proud that I was born in the most beautiful piece of land. I was born in a small town, in the middle of nature and that my friends, is the best thing what has ever happened to me. I was given one big gift and that was Slovakia. I do love my country. Too much, I cannot even describe it.

I did not leave Slovakia. I will never leave Slovakia even I am away now. My home stays there, in the middle of the purest nature and wild forests. I regularly come back as much as I can and if anybody asks, I every time say that Slovakia is the best place in the world. 

I will come back. The time will come. I cannot say when because I do not know that. But my house will be built there, in Kopanice region, my children will be raised there and my life will be fulfilled there. In my homeland. 

I want to achieve a few career dreams before I may come back and be OK with myself. I have had to live my life at least in two different countries to be really thankful for Slovakia. I have needed to meet new cultures and different kinds of people, to let them later know how very welcome they will always be in Slovakia. I have wanted to show the world that Slovakian people are warm, welcome and happy. Maybe not all of them, but those (negative) people you can find anywhere in the world. 

I admit, Slovakia is not in the best conditions. However, I do believe strongly, this is going to be changed. My inner quiet, but strong, voice keeps telling me how worth is working for it, to prove how much Slovakian people care and want to change our country to be better. Yeah, I am speaking about our current political situation. Because, that is one of the last things which is not great about my little country. Without some bad people in our government, I could say that there is nothing in the world what makes any country better than mine. I sound as a quite hard patriot, don´t I? Well, if you know me, you know how much I love our planet Earth, you know that I do everything I can to make the life better for us and you might also know that there is no metre of our planet which I do not adore. Unfortunately, I am so upset about some parts of this planet and again, I do hope that is going to be changed as well. It just must!

I am thankful. The feeling I feel when I see even a video about Slovakia and its beauties, when I listen to Slovakian music, when I go to a folk festival during summer or when I just remember how great it feels to be at home. But, the feeling I get when I am actually travelling home, when I am in the High Tatras enjoying the view from mountains, when I can actually drink water from a river next to my dad's house, when I take a walk around any town in Slovakia, that is unforgettable. 

I remember how people looked surprised when they heard me to speak in Slovakian language. They thought I was singing. They kept saying to me how nicely my language sounds. And that is the same in Czechia. People smile at me when I speak to them in my language (we can understand each other ;-) and say how lovely and soft I pronounce words. The reason I write in English is to get you understand and also, it is a great practice for me. Nevertheless, I do use my language often and gladly.

And that is it. I hope you did understand what I meant with this article and if not, please, let me know. Let's start a discussion, I do not want to be misunderstood here. If you ought to have any doubts, write in the comment section. It is very important to know that you got my words. 

And otherwise, have an amazing time. See you soon. Serusky <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely comments ...