10 Dec 2017

Majorca 2017 // Dada's travelling

This post was supposed to come out in May. Well, not everything goes as I plan and believe, since I plan a lot. I had more important posts or I did not have a time or I found another excuse not to write this article. Why? Believe me, I have no idea.

Majorca, a beautiful island located in the Mediterranean sea, a part of Spain. Majorca or locally called MALLORCA is the biggest of the Balearic islands. It is very popular destination for Germans and Brits, we met a lot of them there.

It was Mario, who was sometime searching through the sale offers on Raynair website. We wanted to flight somewhere to have a rest, to forget about about stressful jobs, to enjoy time spending together, to discover a new country. So you can image my expression towards him when he told me he had bought tickets to Majorca. I was looking forward a lot, I even made a little planner on our door to cross one square with a date on it every evening.

And the day finally came and I remember the morning quite well. Why? Because I was stressed since I was supposed to survive my first flight in my life, Mario was being lazy (:-D) and had much time as usually and in the end we were running to catch the bus which went to the airport. Just a little note - we catched the bus with any problem, actually we were waiting for it.
The FLIGHT.
I was OK, I did not stress too much or had a panic attack. No, I was curious, I was really looking forward. Believe or not, I did not google how I would feel, how does it work or anything. Mario had flown already in his life so he said me that the feeling is quite OK and he even enjoyed it. And I believe him as much as possible. When I got to the plane, I was surprised. A bit small it was. Too small. But Mario explained to me that these planes are small. We had seats next to each other, so I thought he would die for me in any case, so I am safe. It took ages until everyone sat down, and the plane started moving. And then the panic came. Our stewards had started to explain how everything works in a case of AN EMERGENCY and I was literally staring at them. How should I put the belt? And the life vest? How does it work? The oxygen mask? Emergency entrance? From plane? Those questions were going on in my mind, so I captured nothing of their saying. Mario probably felt how I am starting to grab his hand too strong so he just said that everything is OK etc. Do you think I believed him this time? Hell, no. I became really scared. So the plane stopped and I looked out of the window what was happening...and then the plane like twitched from the point where we were standing and picked up the speed. You know, I did not know it works like that. I thought it would have gone from easy and nice speed to this speed. I grabbed Mario's both hands and almost cried. When the plane took off the ground I felt something I have never felt before.
It was so cool,  I really liked the feeling. I mean I was scared to death but apart from that I enjoyed it.
The flight continued quite OK, I did not have any issues I think so. But when we were about the land... The stress came back. I thought we are falling down, that we are about to die. Of course they said to us that we are about to land and everything was OK, but again, I did not listen. The feeling of landing was not the same as was the feeling of taking off. I felt horrible, I hated it. But we finally landed and I knew I survived it. Since then I have flown for few times and the feeling is still the same. Taking off - loving it, landing - hating it.
THE HOTEL.
We were lucky I must say. Our accommodation was quite cheap (OK, it was really cheap compare what we got from it), we chose an all inclusive option of staying there and our room was pretty nice. I liked our bathroom because we had a proper bath, not just a shower. I did not use the bath at the end, but just the feeling we got it made me feel satisfied. Hotel personal was nice and since we were in "German" part of an island, we lived with a lot of Germans. Unfortunately I did not learn anything from German language because we did not talk to anybody just to have a conversation. We wanted to spend time just together. We also had a chance to use "wellness centre". We were not expecting a lot but it turned out there was just a small and not really powerful Jacuzzi and a little sauna which we did not even use. 
THE SEA.
As you have already read, we came to Majorca in April, which is not the main touristic season. The sea was a bit cold but nothing unmanageable for me. For Mario? Cold, cold and once more cold. But that is acceptable because I use cold water for showering while he uses boiling water. Water was fascinatingly clear as you can see from the photos above the text. You can also see little pieces of wood and also some seaweed in the photos. I do not really enjoy this stuff in the water, it bothers me a bit.
We were at the sea just once, after coming to Majorca. But that's OK, we did not plan to spend days on the beach, we wanted to do some trips and visit interesting places. And since we are not able just to rest and do nothing all day, we did not miss the beach a lot. 
FOOD.
On the one side - we did enjoy having the ability to eat whatever we wanted and how much we wanted. On the other side - I kept eating too much. When I have a look back, I am slapping myself for that over-eating. But I can be like that sometimes. Never mind, that 3 kilograms I gained are gone and hopefully they will not arrive back :-)
The quality of the food... Well, it was tasty but honestly, too oily and not really Spanish type of food. They served mainly internationally popular dishes which were not that healthy or special for taste. 
The hotel had a nice rule - make a little effort with dressing up during dinner time. I enjoyed how almost everybody put nicer clothes on and eat in a nice way. 
EXPLORING THE ISLAND.
Majorca is beautiful. It has hills, trees, blue sea, shinning sun, breath-taking viewpoints and different kinds of cactuses! I enjoyed it a lot. We borrowed bicycles in the morning and went for a ride "around" the island. We made about 50 kilometres in total, saw all the things I have already mentioned above and built a huge muscle pain for the next day :-D

You know, I really loved that time, just me and Mario riding along the sea, sun was shining on us, we had those cool retro bikes,... it was enjoyable, almost magical. I was so happy. Even now when I remember on those times, I have to smile. I can even feel the salty air here, in Prague. 
PALMA DE MALLORCA.
The Capital of this quite small island (let's be honest) is surprisingly big and stretched out. And historical. That was the most beautiful for me. The history and architecture of it. I like small tiny streets with nice coffee shops and old gentlemen smoking their pipes and playing cards. I found this picture in Palma and it was just gorgeous. It gives the most perfect atmosphere to the city. 
The dominant of the centre of the Capital is the Cathedral on the hill. You can see it from miles and it just stands there as a safe point for anybody who lost their way. It gives you the feeling you can go there and find yourself or find anything you have lost. Unfortunately we could not go inside which made me upset a lot. I adore churches and cathedrals. Why? First of all, there is that scent of frankincense. Yeah, I am one of the people who enjoys that smell. Secondly, the architecture of the building. It is just marvellous how they built it. Every detail was done perfectly, you cannot find a mistake in it. And the third reason is that I feel good, safe and calm there. I am not a strong believer but I believe. But I do not point myself in any religion. I would feel the same feeling in Mosque as well. I think, mainly because what is happening there I feel so good there. The goodness and all the wishes and the prayers have been building the energy within those places. Just magical...
Let me tell you something about the places around the city centre. They are not as beautiful as the centre of the Capital is. These suburbs are more poor, people live in worse conditions as you would think about people living in the centre. You can see that people there were not able to be born into the rich and wealth area and it is more difficult for them to make a change. It just makes me upset and thankful for the way my life has been going since I was born at the same time. 
So that was our little adventure in Majorca. 
Thank you Mario you took me there as a reward for my working schedule that time. I really needed and this trip gave me the strength I needed to continue. 
Let's come back here the next time guys <3 Serusky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lovely comments ...